Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Healthy? Warning: Bodily Functions Discussed

So I've decided that I really do want to eliminate Coke from my diet altogether. I love it, don't get me wrong, but lately I have been consuming so much of it that I know it's starting to affect my body.

For instance; I am only allowed to have a day (a 12 0z. or smaller can) and usually after lunch as a little pick me up so that I don't pass out in front of my computer at work. But today I noticed something ... I drink water all morning long because it keeps me awake and I know it's good for me. Also, it makes me have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes which means I get to spend some time walking around, which also helps keep me awake, and it gives my eyes a rest from the computer, which is also healthy. But when I started drinking my post-lunch Coke, I started to get a stomach ache and I got really gassy - not fun even when you're not sitting in an office.

Bleh. So I think that starting tomorrow I am going to have to find another way to get my caffeine that doesn't make my tummy hurt. Rosy (names have been changed to protect the innocent) said that she has started drinking tea to avoid sodas and I think I might try that. The only problem that I have is that all the tea that I have is decaffeinated ... which is a problem. I think a trip to the store is in order this evening ...

No comments: