Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Work ... Is ... Forever

So at 3:30 I developed a severe case of the give-a-shits. I have been working through it though, and instead of not working, I simply switched tasks thinking that I would be able to occupy my time with that for a while. Unfortunately, that was only 30-ish minutes ago and it seems that my give-a-shits are getting way worse. And on top of that, I don't get to leave work for 2 more hours. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

I don't know what it is. Well, I do know what it is. I just don't want to work anymore today. I have the urge to pack up and leave the bulding, go home and take a nap before I make pies tonight to bring into work tomorrow. Or go pay the res t of my Macy's bill. Or both. I want to be anywhere but here. So, let's burn a few minutes of my time and go on a little pictorial journey.


I think that I would like to be here, with a nice cool tropical drink in my hand. Hey look! There's a tropical drink on the chair I didn't see until just now! Oh my god ... I have to leave here. I wonder if I can find a cheap plane ticket to the Bahamas that leaves within the next 3 hours.
What I would do at the beach:
* tan
* nap in the sun (with lots of sunscreen on)
* snorkel
* play in the surf
* drink cocktails



Or maybe you don't like the beach because you get sand in all the places you don't like to touch. Fair enough. Let's go somewhere that doesn't have any sand.

Here you go. We went hiking in the clean, brisk air of some mountains (don't ask me where, they're just mountains ok?) and we stumbled upon a beautiful clean waterfall and pool. Oh the glories of nature never cease to amaze me. I thought this was a pretty place, and right now I would really rather be there than here in my cube.
Things I would do at the waterfall:
* swim
* try to go fishing
* hang a hammock and take a nap
* drink alcohol from the flask I stuck in my back pack
* wait for a unicorn to come to take a sip from the spring we found because we didn't know that it was a magical spring in a magical wood that is gaurded my this beautiful creature.

No much into hiking? Does the thought of it make your feet hurt? Afraid of being eaten alive by various bugs and/or bears? Don't fret, we don't have to hike.

Well, a nice ride in a gondola will be nice. The city is lovely and I'm sure that it wouldn't cost much more to get a gondola that came with a guy who sings while you paddle around.
Things I would do on a gondola ride:
* enjoy the sites
* lean back and enjoy getting paddled around the canals in Venice
* maybe doze off for a minute because I'm sure we'll have been on our feet all day
* take a swing from the flask I stuck in my purse



Well if you didn't like that one then I don't know what else to do. Those are the places that I would like to be. Geez you're picky.



If you really didn't like any of the places that I took you to, then I think that this is the best place for you to be. In bed. Wow, you forgot to make it this morning didn't you? Not only are you a super picky but you're a slob too. I think you should spend sometime working on yourself before you go out into the world. Although that bed does look pretty comfortable. I would get into it even if it is unmade. In fact, I don't know why I care that you forgot to make it. I never make my bed.

Thanks for coming along with me on my work time journey into the wilderness and back home again. Hopefully these next 2 hours will go quickly.

No comments: