Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

*twitch

Over the last two weeks, I have developed a twitch. Boyfriend likes to call it my "crazy eye". I would like to think that having a twitch doesn't necessarily mean that I'm crazy ... but the fact that my eye has been twitching for almost three weeks makes me wonder if he is right about the crazy thing after all.

Usually it goes crazy at work, but I don't feel like I'm under a tremendous amount of pressure. In fact, I like the amount of work I have to do at work. It means that I spend my whole day working (which makes me feel good and the managers happy) instead of looking around for new blogs to add to my Google reader (but if you know of a totally fabulous blog you should totally share it with me because I love adding blogs to my Google reader). So I'm not sure why I developed the damn thing in the first place.

However, I have noticed (yes - I have had the twitch so long that I have noticed when it gets worse) that it gets worse when people talk about the economy and all the super-depressing/totally-scary things that are going on in the world. Mom told me last night that I am no longer allowed to watch the news and/or read the newspaper in order to make said twitch go away. But when I'm at work and I get frustrated with something, like today when Photoshop would not do what I wanted it to, it goes NUTS. I mean ... come on!

How am I supposed to function in life if all I do is try to avoid the things that make my "crazy eye" go crazy? I just can't live that way! Unless that way of life involved a lot of vodka and sprites. Then I think I might be able to handle it. There you go - I'll just start bringing vodka to work in my water bottle instead of water (and if you found this blog and work with me: I am just kidding about that whole bringing alcohol to work thing. Seriously.)

You know what else I hate about this stupid twitch? When it starts going off in front of someone and I put my hand up to my eye to try and get it to stop and then I have to explain to them that I have a twitch. ARGH! And as a result, I can't stop talking about the damn twitch, which I'm sure makes it twitch even more.

And last night I got another twitch - in my butt. All day long ... eye twitch - butt twitch. I am going to go crazy if I can't find out how to make this stop short of checking myself into a 5-star resort/spa for a weekend. Or a week. Or maybe a month. Or maybe until the economy stops its downward spiral into a black abyss.

Ok - I'm done whining now. Thanks for listening blog - you are SUCH a good friend.

No comments: