Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Longing, Wanting and a Pity Party

Sometimes I look around in the world/in my life/on the internet and I see all these people who are doing things that I would love to be doing. I feel this longing in my chest that makes me want to find a way to do these things that I dream about doing. I want to learn how to be so awesomely, awesome at everything. And when I start down the road to being awesome, sometimes I get really frustrated when I'm not awesome at [whatever] right off the bat.

(You might be reading this and thinking that you may have heard this before. Or maybe more than once? Well, this is what has been on my mind lately. Sorry for the broken record posts, I'm trying to write about other stuff too)

I am taking steps, and looking into new things, learning how to do other stuff. Fun stuff. Creative stuff. Practical stuff (which is usually lame, but in this case not so much. Or at least, that's what I think). I think I may have decided that I would like to try and be a blogger and make money off of it. Which is a laugh right now, because you need people that read your stuff regularly AND you need to write well AND you need to write about things that are interesting and different and not keep complaining about your life and how you're frustrated with the state that it's in at the moment (right?).

I would really like to be able to work at home, in my PJs if I wanted to (but I wouldn't really because that is SO unprofessional and I am the very embodiment of professionalism). (Pffffft, I almost managed to say that with a straight face).

And that's really all I wanted to say. I suppose that a blog that is comprised largely of posts where the author (yes, I DO think of myself as an author - so should you! It makes you feel pretty awesome) makes these sorts of "verbal" self proclamations isn't the worst sort of writing.

AND I had an idea for a group post, maybe, it's still evolving. But here is the basic idea of it, let me know what your thoughts on the matter are:
I want to have a pity party. I know a lot of people who have had/are going through some really tough/sad/suckey/frustrating/generally disappointing times right now and I think that we all deserve a moment to pout about it and have other people pat us on the back and say "You poor thing. Here, have another pint of Haagen Dazs". In my experience, an hour or two wallowing in self pity can help a lot in the process of moving on to bigger and better things.
Do you think you, or someone that you know, would be willing to participate? Would you want the post to be anonymous? Is this a super lame idea? Like I said, I would really like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

No comments: