Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Things I've Learned Thursday

I think this might be something that I do every week as a chance to look back and think about what I have learned about life over the past 7 days. And I here-do by solemnly swear that not all of the them will be mopey and depressing things (and if they are mopey and depressing things I will do my best to make my misery something that we can all laugh about). However, there's a good chance that I'll forget so it may be something that happens every other Thursday. Or maybe once a month. Or, if we're being honest with each other, you may never read another Things I've Learned Thursday post again.

And now that you have absolutely no expectations of me, let's get to the meat of the matter:

Things I've Learned Thursday #1
{ta-da!}
  1. Oreos are best when consumed in groups of 3, 4, or 5 (and sometimes, when the occasion calls for it, 12). Extra deliciousness points are awarded if you are eating them after a good run where you're knees weren't screaming bloody murder the whole time (yay!)
  2. Being a grown-up is, at times, the absolute lamest thing in the world. I can't believe that when I was little I actually couldn't wait until I was a grown-up.
  3. How to embed a You-Tube video! It was awesome. Also, it was a total accident that I'm not sure I will ever be able to recreate. Sad face.
And that's all that I have for you today. Three little things. Three little not depressing or mopey things. And those three little things were quite a bit harder to think of than you might think. I think.

So, what about you? Did you learn anything this past week? Tell me about it! Or if you would rather, write your own What I've Learned Thursday post on your blog and then I'll link to it here. I promise that it will be awesome. Hooray for interactive posts!

4 comments:

RCaitlin said...

I can sympathize with the grown-up comment. At times it does seem so lame...but at other times I LOVE IT.

Caroline said...

Haha, I suppose you're right. I do like to be able to buy my own booze and such. I was thinking more along the lines of all the responsibilities that come along with being a grown-up. That is the part that is super lame.

Anonymous said...

how to use a dictation device

Caroline said...

A dictation device? That sounds super fancy!